I stood on a clear platform of values as a candidate in the 2005, 2010, 2015 elections, and I am now standing in the 2017 General Election on the same stable and strong values as expressed below.
These values have consistently informed my political life.
• Families matter – strong, stable families are the heart of a healthy nation
• Strong local communities matter
• A good education includes giving young people principles, values and boundaries
• Many TV programmes and media products are a negative inﬂuence on children
• Those who can work should work
• Every life is precious – no insigniﬁcant person has ever been born
• The vulnerable, poor and dispossessed deserve our compassion and practical help, both here and abroad
• Kindness, courtesy and respect for others are overdue a comeback in our society
• Politicians should exhibit integrity, clear leadership and direction for our nation
• My vision, my passion, is for us to build a society which we are all proud to be part of and where our children, and their children, can safely grow up to achieve their true potential.